Part IV of Active Early & Healthy Bites: Home Edition is all about driving your own education regarding nutrition and physical activity for young children.
In the previous parts of Active Early & Healthy Bites: Home Edition, general topics related to early childhood physical activity and nutrition were covered. However, there is so much more information out there. In order for you to find the information this most important and relevant to you, we’ve created learning centers that focus more in depth on a range of nutrition and physical activity concepts. Each learning center consists of evidence-based information, resources and materials for a Do It Yourself activity. Access the learning centers here:
- Back to the Basics: Child Development
- Cooking with Young Children
- Family Meals
- Figuring Out Food Labels
- Mapping Out MyPlate
- Moving is Learning: Overlapping Physical Activity with Literacy & Numeracy
- Perfect Portions
- Physical Activity on a Dime!
- Unplug! Limiting Screen Time